The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

christians should believe that Jesus is God
in Religion

By linatelinate 35 Pts
jesus is God. (God and man, actually)
I admit I used to hesitate to say he's God.. but I hesitated more to say he's not. most bible verses i saw were too debateable. then i saw some that weren't so arguable. and i'm one to give the bible the benefit of the doubt... so... I go with God...

Romans 9:5 - ...Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

Titus 2:13-15 - ...our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

Hebrews 1:8 - But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever"

2 Peter 1:1 - ...the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ"

at the beginning of the book of John... "In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us". Jesus became flesh and dwelt amoung us.. Jesus is the word.

In John, Jesus at one point says "unless you believe that I AM he, you will surely perish in your sins". only God is ever referenced to as I AM, and Jesus and everyone else knew it.

Could not connect: User i2483808_vf2 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections